04 November 2007

I always want what I cannot have.

So it has been an interesting few weeks.

And educational as usual...

I've learned that people who set a standard of perfection will always fail [I want a standard of love]. Instead of judging others, and holding them to weights and scales that we ourselves cannot keep, why can't we love them. Love is this world's most powerful catalyst. Love moves mountains. Love calms oceans. And, God is love. The way peopIe who claim to be apart of the most loving "religion" act, cause me to think love is dead. I think Nietzsche would agree. The people who tattoo Christ upon their foreheads, and proclaim their religiosity from the rooftops know not love. In turn, they don't know God. Others might pray for the Lord to have mercy on my soul, in reality, they should by terrified for their own souls. Their condemnation, hate, lack of self-control and peace, show very clearly that they do not know God. The people who get upset because you haven't read your Bible this week might need to re-read theirs...

Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ jesus.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels [all of those religious people], but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can movie mountains, but have not love, I am NOTHING. If I give all I possess to the poor and surreneder my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Matthew 7:1-2 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

2 John 1:5-6 I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. [Not to pray 5 times a day, to go to 3 Bible studies a week, to come to all of those who don't live up to your standards and preach at them.]

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

I think that last verse sums it up right there. Basically, religious signs, works, and wonders, sermons, speeches, and lectures go to shit, if we have not love. Those who do not love, do not know God. Most "christians" do not know God. But they have no problem praying for God's mercy on my soul. How completely ironic. Yet, I pity them. And I want to love them. That is the difficult part. I can love the sinner, but those damn Pharisees get me everytime.

On another note, I haven't seen David in three weeks. And I miss him (more than anyone could ever know). But, the time apart has been a blessing, because it has removed all doubt that what we have is nothing short of true love. It's special, and different. I truly believe God made us for each other, and that He has great plans for us.

Please forgive me for my hypocrisy. I know I fall short of loving all of you. If anything, this is merely a reminder for myself.

<3
Caroline

~LOVE~JOY~PEACE~PATIENCE~KINDNESS~GOODNESS~FAITHFULNESS~GENTLENESS~SELF-CONTROL~

No comments: