12 November 2007

All Around

To sum it up.

Last week was, well, pretty shitty to be honest.

I was stressed about planning a cocktail party for 350+ people (making a lot of the food myself);
Some of my French club officers decided to be unhelpful and to undermine me;
I'm several weeks behind in my already incredibly difficult Russian class;
I have four papers due in my English class;
I had a major group project due in my Art class on Saturday, which involved speaking in front of people;
I have two papers due in my Art class;
I have eight college applications that I need to finish;
I haven't slept in a month because I'm stressed about my relationship with my boyfriend and his parents;
My room is incredibly messy, which is straining, yet I don't have time to clean it.
I am sick. (Typical ear, nose, & throat issues.)

And because of all of those things, I have dark under-eye circles and my face is breaking out, which makes me even more stressed (yes, I am that vain.) And I need a hair cut. But, I hate going to new hair dressers. Can you say "paranoia."

This blog has become much more than "occasional rants." I'm sorry. I'm hoping the complaining "season" will pass quickly. Sometimes when I write about my "problems," I realize how short-sighted and petty they are. Other times, I realize I am in way over my head.

But, this weekend was amazing. I went to Helen Saturday & Sunday with Becca, and we stayed with her parents in Cleveland. We also went to Brasstown Bald (the highest point in Georgia), which was breath-taking. I always feel closer to God in the mountains. (I posted a few pictures on facebook.) Sunday Night I went to The Gathering, the college group at Perimeter Church. It is incredible. I honestly didn't think I would say that about a college group (or church in general), ever. I will write more about that some other time. But I am hoping that I can call it home.




My new health-nut obsession is Kombucha. It's an ancient Chinese tea that is fermented. (It originated about 200 B.C.E.) Not only is it delicious, but incredibly rejuvenating and energizing. It can be found at Whole Foods. You should try it!

Wishing you (and me) peace, love, and happiness.

Caroline

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I <3 Brasstown Bald. I also <3 you and you have my empathy about shitty weeks, though I can't say I've ever had that much to do at one time. But if anybody can do it, Caroline, you can.

Love,
Corinne

Unknown said...

I think you are beautiful. You'll be fine. Keep on keepin on.... that's all you can do.
You're worried now, but you won't be worried long.